Beautiful looks start with a beautiful base which is to have a beautiful skin naturally. The beautiful skin forms a foundation for beauty. But with everybody running a rat race these days and with so much pollution it becomes really difficult for anybody to take care of their skin. It further leads to a dehydrated and dull skin which in near future is the first step towards ageing. To have a glowing skin there are some facts about skin structure, causes for dehydrated skin and tips to follow, which are as under:
Although skin appears to be simple, it is one of the largest organs of the body. It is formed of three layers.
- The hypodermis is the deepest part of the skin and is just beneath the skin. It is formed of nerves and blood vessels. It acts as the padding for the skin.
- The dermis is the second layer of the skin and provides supports. It comprises connective tissues and acts as a protective shield for our body.
- The epidermis is the outer most layer of the skin and it provides a barrier to infections and is composed of flat scale-like cells.
Skin also has many sweat glands, pores and hair follicles which are visible from the outside. It helps with sensations and heat regulations.
Functions of the Skin:
The primary function of the skin is to act as a barrier to the external environment. External factors affect our skin texture and make our face look dull. The skin provides the following benefits:
- It prevents against temperature changes, physical injuries and against harmful substance.
- It prevents moisture loss.
- Helps to provide vitamin D to the body by absorbing it from sun rays.
Skin type may vary from person to person. Taking care of skin depends upon the type of skin one has. There is normally five type of skins which are as under:
- Normal Skin: Normal skin usually have small pores and it has a perfect blend of water and oils.
- Oily Skin: it has an increased production of sebum which keeps the skin hydrated and soft and that is the reason why oily skin people usually look young.
- Dry Skin: Skin is dry when it has less amount of oil but the content of water is the same as that of an oily skin.
- Acne Skin: It is due to imbalanced hormones. Salicylic and Benzol peroxide cleanser is useful for this type of skin.
- Dehydrated Skin: This skin type has less amount of water content and that’s why fine lines and wrinkles are usually easily visible.
How to Clean Your Face?
For a glowing skin, a proper routine should be followed, as under:
- While cleaning your face, clean it in the circular motion. It helps to stimulate lymph flow to emulsify better.
- Do not use too hot or too cold water as it is harmful to skin and affect little veins and capillaries beneath the skin.
- Wash your face at least twice a day properly.
How to Delay Aging?
The aging process of skin is different for different age groups. The skin can renew in 20 days for a 20-year-old person and it takes 50+ days in an old person. Following tips should be followed to delay aging:
- Clean thoroughly and twice a day.
- Toners should be used to balance the pH level of the skin.
- Natural serums are good after wash to combat fine lines, wrinkles and moist the skin.
- Apply sunscreen with SPF level of more than 25.
- Always apply moisturizer to keep skin soft
Keeping skin hydrated helps to maintain the glow and delay the aging process of the skin. You can cover your skin with whatever makeup have or can have a nice skin, the choice is yours.
Share your content love with Guest Posting World